Things I’m Thankful For
Now that Thanksgiving is nigh, I’ve been seeing all of my friends list things that they are thankful for. So I, too, wish to reflect and count my blessings.
Here, in no particular order, are the things I’m thankful for this year.
I’m thankful for…
- My family
- The fact that my youngest boy Leo made it through his first year with only a few bumps and bruises (courtesy of his older brother)
- My oldest son Dante is doing well in preschool
- I’m back in the United States this year to celebrate this oh-so-American holiday
- I’m not traveling anywhere for Thanksgiving this year!
- It feels like a Sunday but it’s only Wednesday!
- I have the luxury of knowing that I can give my children almost anything they want (a thing I’m truly grateful for)
- Having had many great travel and expat living experiences still so early in life
I’m also thankful for
- Great friends, many of whom I saw this past weekend
- Twitter, Facebook, and all those social apps that have brought my friends closer and introduced me to even more people
- My husband, who likes to cook AND clean 🙂
- The Yankees’ 27th championship- yay!
- PBS Cooking Shows
- Diane Rehm and Kojo Nnamdi talk shows on WAMU
- Books by Alain de Botton
- Articles about advertising and travel by the hilarious Seth Stevenson
And I’m really thankful for
- Being able to occasionally make some pocket change by putting words on a page.
Thanks, everyone…and Happy Thanksgiving!